Saturday, February 6, 2021

[coord] himekaji for Garnet Gateau

Back at it with a hime gyaru coord from Liz Lisa. I wanted to record my fashion walk entry for Bay Area Kei's Garnet Gateau online event. The theme was red, desserts, extravagance, Valentine's themes. I skipped all of the other J-fashion walks for 2020 after Okashicon, though I tried to peep in the panels, mostly because I was feeling sick the weekend of entering and no one else I knew was entering. This time even though I was also feeling sick and looked extra gross, I could not pass the chance to rock this one piece dress. 


[Dress: Liz Lisa; bag, shoes, socks: Taobao/offbrand; hairbow: offbrand; rings: by Marr; earrings: Kumacrafts]

For working with the theme, I would not change this outfit at all, it's perfect as is, with an adorable border print of a classy French department store window. I love this wig, which originally did not have a hime bump, I created one using the wig tutorial from a previous J-fashion event (pin two twin tails next to each other, genius!).  It even makes a vague heart/bow shape on my head. I thought about adding a necklace or choker but that made everything look too busy up top. Himekaji is about being casually flashy. I did use a previous set of  homemade bordeaux nails to match the winter/Valentine's theme and I added fake roses to the heels for a true princess look.

Anyway, I was going to enter the contest because the other J-fashion category had low number of entries, but decided against it in the end to let other people win (lmao). I only wanted to enter hime gyaru because it's rather under-represented in the US fashion walks, even though the dresses are almost as elaborate and fluffy as lolita. But I guess gyarus don't run in the same circles as lolitas. Very well, if I'm the only other hime gyaru in the lolita event, so be it.

Here's a glamor shot! Ignore my patchy dry skin lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment